We’re excited to bring eResearch NZ to Ōtautahi Christchurch. Christchurch is a growing and vibrant city, with a bustling hospitality scene, engaging public spaces, and something unique to discover around every corner. The city centre is an eclectic mix of innovative architecture and some of the oldest buildings in New Zealand.
New Zealand Tourism describes Christchurch as “the basecamp for South Island exploration, with the Banks Peninsula within reach, as well as the stunning Southern Alps and famed Canterbury Plains.”
Things to do while you’re here:
- punting on the Avon river
- stroll through the Botanic Gardens
- tour the city on the Christchurch Tram
- visit the International Antarctic Centre
- escape to the Hanmer Springs hot pools
- head north to the coastal town of Kaikōura
- explore other must-see destinations in the surrounding Canterbury region
The Avon River running through Christchurch.